Havana Journeys invites you to visit the authentic and beautiful Cuban capital in an air-conditioned Classic American Car.
- The tour lasts 6 hours. Schedule is flexible and can be adapted.
- We can start any time and extend the tour for 6 hours.
- We collect you at your hotel/ Airbnb or meeting point.
At the end of the tour we take you back to your accommodation.
- Elegant and comfortable air-conditioned Classic American Car from the 1950s or convertible classic car.
- Professional driver. Only legal taxi drivers who have their papers in order.
The program comprises Havana´s 4 most representative and contrastive neighbourhoods: Old Havana, Centro Habana, Vedado and Miramar. There is a break for lunch.
Note: You don´t have to choose one of the 4 neighborhoods. The tour will cover the 4 sections. However, you can decide not to do any of the sections and customize your tour.
Section 1: Old Havana (Havana´s Historic Center, the most relevant in the Caribbean, and one of the most outstanding in the Western Hemisphere, declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. In this area you will get in touch with Cuba´s colonial history up to the US invasion and occupation of the island in 1898) Besides showing you the well-preserved Historic Center, we will take you to the non-restored areas so that you see how the less-privileged live.
- Chronological walking tour around Old Havana´s most emblematic squares: Plaza de Armas (Arms Square), Plaza de San Francisco de Asís , Plaza Vieja (Old Square), Plaza de la Catedral (Cathedral Square).
- Visit to the Ambos Mundos Hotel and the famous bar of La Bodeguita del Medio, both spots frequented by Ernest Hemingway.
- Walking tour around the non-restored areas for you to see the daily life struggles of the common citizen.
Section 2: Centro Habana (Havana from the early 20th century)
- Visit to the outdoor areas of the Museum of the Revolution (former Presidential Palace) and the Granma Memorial.
- Walking tour around Parque Central, Great Theatre of Havana, Capitol Building, Prado Promenade.
Section 3: Vedado (Modern Havana, 1940s and 50s)
- Ride around the famous Malecón (sea front promenade) and around Vedado (National Hotel, Habana Libre Hotel, Coppelia, Paseo Avenue and 23rd Street)
- Stop at the emblematic Revolution Square.
Section 4: Miramar (Exclusive residential area in the Cuban capital. Neighbourhood where most foreign embassies are located)
- Ride around 5th Avenue.
- (Optional) Ride around Almendares Natural Park
- Return to Vedado bordering the famous Columbus Cemetery.
- Return to hotel or casa particular