Travel to Cuba from the United states is still authorized under 11 categories of authorized travel and require no license. However, you must comply with the requirements of the category you choose. These categories are:
– family visits;
– official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations;
– journalistic activity;
– professional research and professional meetings;
– educational activities;
– religious activities;
– public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions;
– support for the Cuban people;
– humanitarian projects;
– activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes;
– exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials; and certain authorized export transactions.
Before you board your flight in the USA to Cuba, the airline will give you a form so that you can choose under which general license you are traveling. It is as simple as ticking the option.