What types of personal data do we collect about you and why do we collect it?
We collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking. The sort of personal data we collect is information that you provide to us, that we collect from you.
Personal data given to us:
When you make a booking we will ask you for your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, nationality. We need to collect this information in order to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting.
Where is your data stored and who it’s shared with:
When you give your personal data to us, some of the personal data you provide will need to be given to and processed and stored by relevant third parties. These third parties include:
- our travel partners, such as legal licensed drivers-guides, ground handling agents (depending on the travel services you book), so that they can provide you with the arrangements and assistance you require.
- our card payment facilitators, that help us process customer payments and assists us in detecting and preventing fraudulent payments or bookings.
Some of these third parties may be based outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Organisations that are based outside of the EEA may not be subject to the same level of controls in regard to data protection as exist within the EEA. We aim only to transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA where the transfer is necessary to enable your contract to be performed.
How do we use your information when providing our services to you:
In order to provide our services to you, we use the information we hold in a number of different ways. We process your information either because it is necessary for us to do so as part of a contract you enter into, or because we have a legitimate business reasons for doing so.
The following activities are carried out by us using your personal data because it is necessary in relation to a contract which you have entered into or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract;
- Administering your booking internally and communicating your booking externally with our suppliers, to ensure the services you have requested are arranged;
- To communicate with you regarding your booking or any other purchase, including sending booking confirmation.
To promote our business, improve our products and services;
- To send marketing correspondence about products and services similar to those you have previously bought from us. You can opt out and object to our sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be included in every marketing message we send you. See the section ‘When and how do we use your information for marketing for more information’.
- To contact you if you make an enquiry with us on our website but do not complete a booking to check if there was a problem or you need any assistance to book;
- For internal research/analysis to improve the quality of our Services, the products we offer and new products we are developing by inviting customers to take part in surveys or customer/business discussion groups;
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where we consider that it is in your vital interests that we do:
- To assist you or arrange for assistance to be provided to you by third parties either in the event of an incident or emergency.
We may use and process your personal information and may pass it to third parties where there is a legal requirement for us to do so:
- For responding to requests from any government body, law enforcement agency, court or regulatory authority, that requires us to disclose personal data in line with applicable data protection laws.
- For anti-money laundering and terrorist financing purposes.
Objecting to our use of your personal information:
Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for any purpose(s), you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by e-mailing or writing to us at the address provided at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information, we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection law, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing:
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by e-mailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue processing or holding your personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings. We may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
What happens when you follow a link from our website to a third party website:
Our Sites contains links to and frames of websites of our principals, suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. You can tell when a third party is involved in supplying a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you follow a link or otherwise use any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these third party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
August 2018, version 1